In this thread, we will be discussing anything and everything to do with the S.H. Figuarts Son Goku - Super Hero. It's OK to go off topic, but let's try and mostly stay on the topic of Son Goku - Super Hero. Thanks!
usually i complain about figuarts but i think they did an ok job with this.
however they never get everything right and always do stupid things.
IF YOU CANT BE BOTHERED READING ALL BELOW THEN A HEADS UP : I got 2 identical sideways look smirk face plates in my box , and i am missing the grimace face/ closed teeth face. i dont know if it is a thing across the releases or if its just me!?
- The plastic or paint on this doesnt look as cheap as on some of the other 2.0 releases (especially the most recent Super Saiyan Goku) - y'know how sometimes they look like they have a nice matte finish in the prototypes and then the actual figure is released and looks like a cheap kids toy , all shiny - well this actually looks good
- Decent orange colour on the gi ( some redemption after the moronic horrible garish choice of the shade of orange for super saiyan goku)
- Box is ok - also you can see the figure inside and the picture isnt covering half its face - like the ultra instinct figure (and ultra instinct sign by the looks of the promo pictures)
- expression faces look good - i think the way they do these now is much better than before
- The gi signs are more grey than black for some reason
- The gi has shading on but its like they did two 3rds of the process.. usually you would do the base coat , add shade then work back over the shade with original base coat colour, but seems bandai just think step one and two is enough so we have a gradient of colour going up his legs and the same above his sash .. its ok for a bit of variety but its just not done properly to achieve a very good result. on the back they havent even bothered and its all one colour.
- skin tone is more pink than usual - of course meaning that he wont properly match other releases. Thanks again for the consideration Bandai
- 2 of the faces are almost identical apart from two frown lines and an eye direction. why not just give us the normal grimace face?
- the shouting face looks like it would belong to saiyan raised on earth goku ( as in it looks like the earlier way Goku was drawn in Z) and of course the skin tone doesnt match exactly so great
OVERALL it does look good despite the cons. I'm going to use it for SS blue despite the skin tone issue making hime look like Trump when he has Od'd on the fake tan, i may have to paint a blue face more pink, but anyway, i didnt spend the money to see what the broly saiyan blue release was like because i just didnt want the dissapointment again (and the almost black boots). why they couldnt have used this kind of a shade of orange on appropriate releases before is just a mystery to me.