Post by Branjita on Aug 20, 2013 12:48:32 GMT -6
This is an organized forum to have fun and share information on, so Branjita and CapsulexNike hope you enjoy it.
This topic will help get you oriented and introduced to this forum.
Guide to the Sections:
We have sections for American, Japanese, and Other International DB/Z/GT figures to keep things organized and separate. Please do your best to post in the right place, (they are based on where the figures were sold, not where they were made).
You guys wanted it and you guys got it: a board specifically for Figuarts discussion!
Check out the Custom Figures section for tutorials, galleries of finished customs and works in progress, and even a custom figure directory of all customs combined and organized!
The Checklists have had hours... days... weeks... of work put into them! Don't miss taking a look!
Post your DB/Z/GT collection in the Member Collections section and show off what you have.
Want to grow your collection or get rid of it? Well you're in luck! Check out our Swap Meet where you can Buy, Sell, Trade at your own risk! Make sure to check the Feedback List in that section before trading with anyone!
Discuss topics in the DragonBall Series and General Discussion (keep it PG-13 please) sections; introduce yourself in the New Member Introductions.
And the Contest section... Make sure to take a look and see if we have any active contests! You might just win!
1. Try not to take the conversation off-topic in...
- most "sticky" topics (they have a glue icon next to them)
- all Figuarts topics formatted like this: Character's Name (Figuarts)
- topics by customizers showing their Works in Progress or Finished Customs
- member collections, unless the collection owner is participating in the off-topic discussion
If something other than those topics goes off-topic, we don't really care as much, especially if somebody already answered whatever the topic starter was asking about..
In topics that are supposed to be very, very specific like, for example, Final Form Frieza (Figuarts), they are here for organization and reference. Every bit of discussion about that specific figure should go in that specific thread/topic. That way, if somebody is looking for information about that specific figure, they know where to look and the answer won't be on, for example, page 2 of Future Trunks (Figuarts).
We want DBF members to be able to find information that is several years old in topics that are appropriately named.
2. If you are quoting someone and their post is pretty recent, delete/backspace/remove the images from the post you are quoting. That way other members won't have to scroll as much, and users using their phones or older computers to look at DBF can load the pages much faster. It's annoying for everyone if the same images appear on the same page of the same topic multiple times.
3. If you are posting a LOT of images in one post, and the post isn't in your Member Collections thread, please take advantage of the SPOILER tag, which will hide images until the user clicks the button. You do this by typing in BBCode view: [SPOILER.] (your images here) [/SPOILER.] but do not include the periods. Note: The spoiler tag will not preview while you are making your post. It is a secret tag that isn't supported by Preview.
4. If you are using the Buy, Sell, Trade section of DBF, keep all of your items in only 1 thread. The only exception is if you offer something that you custom make or is highly specific and different from just generally selling some figures you have. Moderators will delete or merge extra threads if you have made multiple ones.
5. Some users are difficult to tag, because they have been allowed to change their display names or they changed their names before we stopped allowing it. Most users you can tag just by typing the @ symbol before their name. Ex: Branjita . A few users you must use the button. The best example off the top of my head is ◄VR► who cannot be tagged by his display name. You have to tag his username, venomraptor. You can access usernames in the member directory.
6. Remember that DBF should never become the typical internet forum full of mean spirited sarcasm, bashing, trolling, and just generally annoying insults. We are all DB/Z/GT/Super fans and we aren't here to insult each other or make each other mad. DBF is a forum to come to and have a positive, happy experience. Members who continuously bully other members or cause problems will be removed from DBF.
Tips and Tricks:
Looking at DBF on your phone:
The default mobile version of the forums kind of sucks, so only use that version if you are at 3G data speeds or cannot get the Desktop version to display properly on your mobile device. Switch your browser to display the page in Desktop mode and be amazed as the site reconfigures to fit your screen and looks just like the beautiful desktop computer version of the site! Branjita spent hours reprogramming the Desktop version to display beautifully on iPhones and Android phones. In portrait mode, several of the unimportant columns have been removed to make the forums fit your screen better. In landscape mode, on most phones, you'll have the full site with all of the options and columns! If you have an iPhone, you'll need to have at least iOs 4.2 to display everything properly. Most Android phones should be okay. If you're having display problems in your browser, try getting Google Chrome and using that to view the site.
Another option is using the $3 ProBoards app to view the forums. It shouldn't be necessary for most people, but it's available in Google Play and the App Store as far as I know. In order to add DBF to it, you'll need to do a search for "Dragonball Figures" and it should come up. Entering the URL doesn't work.
Customizing your profile:
I recommend you do two things:
- Click Profile > Edit Profile > Settings. Scroll to Enable Drafts and change it to "yes", click "Save Account Settings". This will prevent you from losing your posts if you accidentally navigate to another page.
- Click Profile > Edit Profile > Privacy. Scroll to Change Birthday and check mark the box that says you're 13 years or older (if you are) and make sure your birthday is accurate and was not automatically set to January 1, or December 0.
Tagging other members:
Similar to the way Facebook and Twitter work, you can tag other members so they get a notification to look at your post. This is a good way of helping make sure that your specific friend or one of the staff members here looks at your post. If you want me (branjita), capsulexnike, or any of the moderators to look at your reply for certain, make sure to tag us in your post with the @ sign then our name. Keep in mind that the moderators cannot currently delete posts, only edit them, and they can only edit in the sections in which they moderate. Also, you may want to use the TAG USER button when tagging, because several members have a different display name than their account name, and this button will ensure your tag works.
Everybody is able to add attachments to their posts, so you can share images easily. However, keep in mind that these attachments are deleted every few months because DBF doesn't have unlimited space. So any pictures you want to stay on DBF need to be uploaded to your own hosting on a photobucket, imgur, or even facebook account and linked in your posts using the image insert button . Also, when attachments are deleted from DBF, all of them are deleted all at once, so if, for example, you upload an attached image the day before we delete all attachments, it will be gone. So anything that you really care about should be uploaded to your photobucket or other image hosting account.
Reporting Objectionable Content:
If you feel something objectionable was posted on the forum, and you want to leave a private comment that only goes to both admins, there is a way to report a post in the menu on the upper right of each post, just click the gear icon. Make sure to write why you want something done about the post and don't just leave it blank. This will send a notification to both admins automatically.
Double Posting and/or Deleting Other People's Posts:
If you happen to double-post by accident and want your second post deleted, we do prefer you edit your second post, say it was a double post, and click Save Changes. If for some reason you want it deleted, tag me or capsulexnike, and say you want it deleted.
If there are outdated posts, or unwanted posts in your Swap Meet topic, Custom Figures topic, etc, just tag me or capsulexnike one time in your topic, tell us what you want done, and we'll go through and clean up your topic.
If you are on any social media websites, we do have accounts on them. You might like us, follow us, or check out our channel.
YouTube Channel (where videos are posted) If you'd like any of your videos hosted on this channel, send Branjita a link, and if it passes our inspection/approval he'll download it from your youtube account and upload it to the DBF channel!