I recently made one topic to know what figures you have in your collections, and now there's another question I'd like to make to you guys.
We've been getting each time more releases - sometimes twice a month - and sometimes it's hard to keep up collecting everythin (wheter it's a matter of personal taste, financial issues, limited space, and so on).
Remembering that this topic doesn't include duplicate figures. So let's start, which figures and why?
None. I'm not very good when it comes to selling my figures, since I know I'll regret it. I often remember obscure figures I've had in my attic for years after rewatching an anime, or seeing a promotion for a reboot/new series and I get excited about putting them back on display!
I raised this in another discussion though, as I feel there are only 5 figuarts that have been entirely replaced:
1) SSJ3 Goku - There is no denying that the OG looks like crap with it's orange tango skin and 1.0 body. The 2.0 is 100x better and a fit replacement. The only plus for the OG is it at least comes with an effect.
2) SSJ Vegeta (OG/PCE) - This one is debatable, as many still argue the new SSJ Vegeta is supposed to be "Super" Vegeta, but I call BS. The face, hair and articulation are 100x nicer. The PCE Vegeta it one of the only figures I would consider selling, but it's not even worth the cost of shipping these days, so it's in the attic! lol
3) Scouter Vegeta - Some don't like the lack of detail on the new one, but it has the same improved hair, face and body of the SSJ version, only downside with the 2.0 is the lack of accessories, which is the only reason I won't sell my original as I love those blast effects!
4) Frieza - As above, the original came with a rock accessory which make kinda special, but the figure itself has been replace, so it's certainly one I would consider selling in future.
5) Namek Goku - I don't own the 1.0 exclusive, but I think it's fair to say this has been entirely superseded by the SORE, and only appeals to hardcore completionists.
Notable mentions go to Perfect Cell and Broly, since there are now 3 colors of each, so if you have one you particularly prefer you may decide to sell the others. I have 2 version of Cell and may consider selling the OG at some point.
Long story short, none yet, but when I do the 1.0 Vegeta's, Frieza and Cell are at the top of my list.
Post by sanguineknight on Feb 28, 2019 6:51:58 GMT -6
OG Broly. Sold because I just flat our prefer the newer design and selling him funded not only New Broly but Gogeta as well so it was a win win.
Base Goku-I have SROE, just a flat out superior figure although I so mis the Ki effect
Krillin- Just kind of got sick of the character and didn't want him on the shelf anymore.
PC SSJ Vegeta- Didn't sell him, just gave him to a cousin to start him on his Figuarts journey since I got the 2.0.
Considering selling: Piccolo (I Have a feeling a 2.0 figure is inevitable and gotta strike while he's still be sought), Androids 16,17,18 (Would only do as a set and thats if I need the space), SSJ Goku (The Awakening version is considerably better), SSB Goku & Vegeta (I'll see how I feel when I get the newer versions)