Entering the game late, maybe it'll rev the thread a bit.
Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks (in that very minor order).
No one else in the series comes even close to this group of five for me. They genuinely are my JLA/Avengers/favourite team of heroes ever.
Favourite villain: undoubtedly Perfect Cell. Runner up(s): The Ginyu Force. (Oh yeah, let that sink in Frieza and Buu fans.;D) Favourite couple: Gohan and Videl Favourite completely underused character: Supreme Kai Favourite space australian: Jeice
Well, I have a favorite hero and villain per saga, so here goes!
Favorite Dragon Ball Hero: Goku. His innocence and ignorance were both charming and funny. (Runner-Up: Yamcha)
Favorite Dragon Ball Villain: General Blue. Snobby voice, uniform like a Nazi and he killed one of his underlings for picking his nose...EPIC! (Runners-Up: Emperor Pilaf and Tambourine)
Favorite Dragon Ball Z Hero: Piccolo. Coolest outfit, plus he's calm, calculating, methodical and ruthless when need be...kinda like Vegeta, but without the doses of diva drama and idiocy! (Runners-Up: Yamcha and Gohan)
Favorite Dragon Ball Z Villain: Frieza. Just love everything about this guy, everything. I could go on forever about why he's my favorite. (Runners-Up: King Cold and Perfect Cell)
I also have a favorite character for each movie that I've seen:
1. Dead Zone - Nicky. Really liked his design; he seemed more colorful to me and stood out from the rest of the henchmen. Plus, chasing after a tripping Gohan and even getting pissed on gave him a tad more character development than the other goons.
2. The World's Strongest - While Dr. Wheelo would be the most obvious choice, I'm going with Kishime. I enjoyed his design and his energy tendril things were pretty sweet.
3. Tree of Might - This is a close one between Cacao and Daiz. Although Daiz looks pretty cool, I always thought he was just another Saiyan grunt for the longest time. I think Cacao definitely has the most unique look/design out of all the Crusher Corps so he gets my favorite spot for movie 3.
4. Lord Slug - I didn't particularly care for any of the characters introduced in this movie, but I guess I'll go with Medamatcha. I liked his crazy-looking frogman design more than the others.
5. Cooler's Revenge - Cooler, of course. Though Salza is a close second.
6. Return of Cooler - Cooler; the real one inside of the Big Gete Star; not the endless Meta Coolers.
7. Super Android 13 - Android 15. His diminutive size and colorful, quirky outfit almost made him too charming to be a villain. Combine those elements with his voice and penchant for sipping from his little flask and he has more personality than 13 and 14 combined, in my opinion.
8. Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan - While Broly would be the most obvious choice, I'm going with Paragus. His thirst for vengeance made sense and he was a step above most other movie villains with his efforts, plans and disguises to lure out Vegeta.
9. Bojack Unbound - My favorite here is definitely Bujin. While they all looked similar and believable as the same gang and race, I liked Bujin's design the best.
10. Broly - Second Coming - Broly. I liked his appearance best here, with the scar tissue or whatnot on his chest and torso.
11. Bio-Broly - meh. Guess I jumped the gun when I claimed to have a favorite character for each movie.
12. Fusion Reborn - Janemba, obviously. For me, Janemba is like the Darth Maul of the DB canon: looks awesome, not much screen time, doesn't do very much and still manages to be one of the biggest badasses in DBZ. Brilliant.
13. Wrath of the Dragon - Tapion. His refreshing design, aura of mystery, tragic backstory and eventual bond with Trunks made him a solid character in the time allowed.
Favorite TV Special Characters:
Bardock - The Father of Goku - Definitely Bardock. To me, Bardock is the epitome of an oldschool, badass Saiyan Warrior. Plus, when he single-handedly and pretty much effortlessly took out Dodoria's four elites was pretty awesome. Also, after being nearly killed by Dodoria, he knew he had absolutely no chance whatsoever against Frieza himself, but he pushed on anyway. Defeat was inevitable, giving up was not an option. Truly heroic.
The History of Trunks - Future Gohan. I didn't want to pick characters that are prominent in the series as my favorite movie/special characters, but I figure Future Gohan is far enough removed from the actual character to be okay. I really liked him, especially when he was down to one arm.
Favorite Dragon Ball GT Hero: Eh, I guess I have to go with Pan. For me she validated Goku being a kid again and made it tolerable, even though I wanted to scream. As far as fighting and action goes; she's pretty much the only relevant female in the series.
Favorite Dragon Ball GT Villain: Eis Shenron, of course! Loved his scheming, treacherous nature, design, color, everything. But, like most good GT villains, he was just not thought out as well as should have been and came and went far too quickly.
Last Edit: Apr 18, 2014 11:21:49 GMT -6 by EisCelsius
I am the Darkness in the Dream. I am the Power and the Passion in the Pain. I am the Fury in the Frost. I am the Future; for No Savior has been Saved.
Post by Sephiroth1089 on Oct 9, 2013 22:51:30 GMT -6
Vegeta is definitely my favorite. I feel like his character really develops throughout the entire show. Which makes me mad that they never give him a chance to win the day. That's also why I really liked Battle of the Gods. The scene where he goes all out is one of my favorite moments.
Post by Sephiroth1089 on Oct 10, 2013 13:59:38 GMT -6
Well the other characters were saying he surpassed Goku at that exact point, which is weird because Goku can go SS3 whereas the most Vegeta can go at that point is SS2. It might be close to near god status but nowhere near enough to actually put up a fight against Lord Bills. I love all the Vegeta moments in DBZ. I loved the time he came down to fight the androids and he says "Your bone head creator picked a fine chapter to emit from your memory banks." and then shortly after "Let me ask you, does a machine like your self ever experience fear?" Hes just chalk full of good quotes. Man I really need to get a figuarts SS Vegeta.
My Favorite Character is Broly. I think he was the ultimate villain due to the fact that it took 4 super sayins and 1 super namek just to take him down. plus he looks cool, he is crazy, he blows and destroys anything in his path. I can't even imagine how much destruction would befall the universe if he had turned into an Oozaru.
Probably my second would be between King Cold and Cell I really like Cell, because how creative he is, the way he devised the cell games, which made him appear a bit more civilized then other villains. It is very neat how he created his own tournament, and how he even made the stadium, which also shows his artistic side. he made the stadium just by carving boulders and rocks and created a beautiful elaborate stadium with much precision on the spires and made the tiles. Plus he has all the DNA of some of the best fighters in the DBZ Universe, He has Goku ,Gohan,Vegeta, Picolo, frieza, Krillins, etc moves and all
King Cold is pretty cool looking, a giant huge frieza who enjoys sipping on wine siting on his thrown. I wish he would have transformed and lasted a bit longer in combat
answering this late: but i think buuhan is the strongest villain from dbz, my DBZ power level hierarchy (no movies, and its just my opinion, some are just based on observation):
SSJ vegito, Base Vegito, Buuhan, Buutenks, Mystic Gohan, Kid Buu, SSJ 3 Goku, SSJ3 Gotenks, Super Buu, SSJ Gotenks Majin buu fat (no seperation from evil buu), Base Gotenks Majin Vegeta/SSJ2 vegeta = SSJ2 Goku, SSJ 2 Young Gohan SSJ 2 Gohan adult Super Perfect Cell Evil Buu (grey), Fat Buu (i have a theory that fat buu's power got cut down in half when the evil buu separated from him), dabura= Perfect Cell Full powered super saiyan Gohan Full Powered Super saiyan Goku Full Powered Super saiyan vegeta Full Powered Super saiyan Trunks Future Full Powered Super saiyan Trunks kid Full Powered Super saiyan Goten Super Trunks Super Vegeta Cell JR's Semi Perfect Cell Supreme Kai, Kibito, Piccolo, Imperfect Cell Android 16 Android 17 Android 18 SSJ Gohan young SSJ Goku SSJ Vegeta SSJ Trunks SSJ Gohan adult SSJ kid Trunks, SSJ Kid goten, Dr. Gero Android 19 yakon, SSJ Future Gohan Base Goku (buu saga) Base Vegeta (Buu saga) Base Gohan Young Base Future Trunks Base Gohan adult King Cold Cyborg Frieza Full Powered Frieza Pui Pui, Base Future Gohan Tien Krillin Yamcha Base kid Trunks Base kid Goten Final Form Frieza Third form Frieza second form frieza First Form Frieza Chiaoutzu (Buu saga) Ginyu Recoome Burter jeice nail Zarbon monster Zarbon Dodoria Kui Guldo King Vegeta Bardock Nappa King kai Raditz= saibamen Mr. Popo Yajirobe King Piccolo Kami Buff Roshi Drum Tambourine Piano Cyborg Tao Tao Roshi Master SHen General Blue Nam Chi Chi Videl Hercule Commander black Col Silver Farmer with shotgun )